DCAF – Geneva Centre for Security Sector Governance is dedicated to improving the security of states and their people within a framework of democratic governance, the rule of law, and respect for human rights. DCAF contributes to making peace and development more sustainable by assisting partner states and international actors supporting these states, to improve the governance of their security sector through inclusive and participatory reforms. It creates innovative knowledge products, promotes norms and good practices, provides legal and policy advice and supports capacity‐building of both state and non‐state security sector stakeholders.
DCAF's Foundation Council comprises 63 member states, the Canton of Geneva and six permanent observers. Active in over 70 countries, DCAF is internationally recognized as one of the world's leading centres of excellence for security sector governance (SSG) and security sector reform (SSR). DCAF is guided by the operational principles of neutrality, impartiality, local ownership, inclusive participation, and gender equality. DCAF embraces and promotes values of accountability, excellence, inclusivity, integrity and respect. For more information please visit www.dcaf.ch
Situated within DCAF’s Europe and Central Asia Division (ECA), the Cyber Security Programme works on supporting good governance in cybersecurity in Southeast Europe and Eastern Europe.
For our team in Belgrade, we are looking for an experienced and qualified:
Project Officer – Cybersecurity Programme (100 %)
Location: Southeast Europe, exact location tbd (preferably Belgrade, Serbia)
Starting date: as soon as possible
Duration: 10 months, with possibility of extension
The Project Officer is part of the DCAF ECA Cybersecurity Programme, which is situated in Geneva, Switzerland and Belgrade, Serbia. The Project Officer works under the supervision of the Senior Advisor in Belgrade.
Key areas of operation:
- Contributes to the planning and implementation of capacity building events for DCAF’s cybersecurity governance projects in the Western Balkan region. This includes preparing trainings, meetings and conferences.
- Contributes to overall project management, in particular project monitoring and reporting duties.
- Performs topical research and drafting of substantive contributions, as requested.
- Substantive expertise in cybersecurity governance
- Advanced university degree in security studies or a related field
- At least 3 years of experience in project management and the implementation of capacity building projects
- At least 3 years of experience in researching law and policy, preferably in the area of cybersecurity
- Fluent in English and in at least one Western Balkan language
- a rewarding, dynamic and challenging work experience
- the chance to be part of a multicultural team of supportive, hardworking and values-driven people
- the chance to contribute to improving security of states and their people within a framework of democratic governance, the rule of law, and respect for human rights
If you think you are a good match for DCAF and the position advertised, please send your application to [ECARecruitment@dcaf.ch] by 29 May 2020 with the subject heading “Project Officer ECA Cybersecurity Programme”, enclosing:
- a one-page motivational statement in English describing your relevant experience and what you can bring to DCAF
- a concise CV (maximum two pages)
DCAF is committed to equality of opportunity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates regardless of sex, age, disability, gender identity, religion, or ethnicity.
Individuals who seek to serve with DCAF in any individual capacity will be required, if short-listed, to complete a self-attestation stating that they have not committed, been convicted of, nor prosecuted for, any criminal offence and have not been involved, by act or omission, in the commission of any violation of international human rights law or international humanitarian law