In cooperation with the technical secretariat of the Ibero-American Federation of Ombudsmen (FIO) and the secretariat of the Network of National Institutions for the Promotion and Protection of Human Rights in the Americas (RINDHCA), we are supporting the training of National Human Rights Institutions in Latin America on "Private Security and Human Rights". To this end, we have created a training course on human rights institutions and private security.
The course provides an in-depth understanding of standards and good practices in the regulation of private security. It specifically addresses NHRIs and their role in the regulation of private military and private security companies. The course is also instructive for other stakeholders such as civil society organisations and human rights defenders.Moderator: Cecilia Bernuy, Technical Secretariat, RINDHCA
- Jose Apolonio Tobar – Secretary General of RINDHCA and Ombudsman of El Salvador
- Jordan Rodas Andrade, President of FIO and Ombudsman of Guatemala
- Ambassador Thomas Guerber, Director of DCAF
PRIVATE SECURITY IN THE LATIN AMERICAN AND CARIBBEAN REGION
- Lilian Bobea, Member of the UN Working Group on the use of mercenaries
- Soledad García Muñoz, Special Rapporteur on Economic, Social, Cultural, and Environmental Rights, Interamerican Commission for Human Rights (IACHR)
- Jean-Michel Rousseau, Deputy Head of the Business and Security Division, DCAF
PRIVATE SECURITY AND HRIs IN LATIN AMERICA AND THE CARIBBEAN
- Rolando Luque, Deputy for the Prevention of Social Conflicts and Governance of the Ombudsman's Office in Peru
- Discussion among participating Human Rights Institutions
Join us at the event by registering in advance HERE.
Check out the e-learning course HERE. Just register and click through from any device.