CALL FOR CANDIDATES – PROJECT COORDINATOR (100%) – WESTERN BALKANS
DCAF – Geneva Centre for Security Sector Governance is dedicated to improving the security of states and their people within a framework of democratic governance, the rule of law, and respect for human rights. DCAF contributes to making peace and development more sustainable by assisting partner states and international actors supporting these states, to improve the governance of their security sector through inclusive and participatory reforms. It creates innovative knowledge products, promotes norms and good practices, provides legal and policy advice and supports capacity-building of both state and non-state security sector stakeholders.
DCAF's Foundation Council brings together representatives of around 60 states. Active in over 70 countries, DCAF is internationally recognized as one of the world's leading centres of excellence for security sector governance (SSG) and security sector reform (SSR). DCAF is guided by the operational principles of impartiality, local ownership, inclusive participation, and gender equality. DCAF embraces and promotes values of accountability, excellence, inclusivity, integrity and respect. For more information please visit www.dcaf.ch.
DCAF’s Cybersecurity programme, implemented by the Europe and Central Asia Division, aims to support good governance in cybersecurity. The programme contributes to making cybersecurity responsive and effective by working with cybersecurity actors from the public and private sector on improving law and policies, stakeholder cooperation and the effective provision and oversight of cybersecurity. To this end, the programme provides advice and research, organises technical trainings and workshops and organises stakeholder exchanges.
The Cybersecurity programme is currently looking for a highly qualified and motivated project coordinator for its cybersecurity governance activities in the Western Balkans. The project coordinator would be based in Belgrade, Serbia.
Project coordinator – Cybersecurity governance – Western Balkans (work rate 100%)
Location: Belgrade (Serbia)
Starting date: June 2021
Duration: 12-month fixed-term contract with the possibility of extension
Under the supervision of the Geneva based project director, the incumbent will support the conceptualization, planning and implementation of the Cybersecurity programme’s cybersecurity governance activities. These activities support state and non-state actors involved in cybersecurity governance in the Western Balkans.
Overall tasks and responsibilities:
- leads the DCAF Belgrade office and co-manages the work of the Belgrade-based project staff;
- conceptualises and implements capacity development projects in the Western Balkans, in particular those related to improving policy planning and implementation capacities;
- plans and leads activities in this area, supervising external expert advisers;
- liaises with project beneficiaries and partners;
- contributes to project reporting and planning, as necessary.
- Advanced university degree in law, political science, international relations, international human rights, or related field;
- Minimum 5 years of experience on issues related with cybersecurity, human rights, democratic governance, security sector reform, or related topics;
- Knowledge of international best practices in cybersecurity governance as well as of cybersecurity policy developments in the Western Balkan economies;
- Experience in working for and/or supporting cybersecurity actors in the Western Balkans will be considered an asset;
- Experience in results-based project management will be considered an asset;
- Working permit in Serbia at the time of application is a pre-requisite;
- Fluency in one of the Western Balkan languages (Bosnian/Croatian/Montenegrin/Serbian, Macedonian and/or Albanian) and excellent written and spoken English are a pre-requisite;
- Excellent inter-personal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and working relations in a politically diverse and at times sensitive environment;
- Strong organisational skills with an ability to work independently and self-responsibly within the given deadlines;
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written).
If you think you are a good match for DCAF and the position advertised, please send your application to ECARecruitment@dcaf.ch by 12 November 2021 with the subject heading ‘Project coordinator – cybersecurity governance – Western Balkans’, enclosing:
- a one-page motivational statement in English describing your relevant experience and what you can bring to DCAF
- a concise CV (maximum two pages)
DCAF is committed to equality of opportunity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates regardless of sex, age, disability, gender identity, religion, or ethnicity.
Individuals who seek to serve with DCAF in any individual capacity will be required, if short-listed, to complete a self-attestation stating that they have not committed or been convicted of any criminal offence and have not been involved, by act or omission, in the commission of any violation of international human rights law or international humanitarian law.