With a nine-person team, the Gender and Security Division leads DCAF’s work promoting gender equality by providing policy advice, conducting practical research and implementing operational projects.
For our Gender and Security Division, we are looking for an experienced, dynamic, and creative individual to be our next:
Project Officer (PO) – 100%
Location: Geneva, with occasional travel to different regions of the world
Starting date: January 2019
Duration: Indefinite contract
Under the supervision of the Deputy Head of the Division, the PO will support the development, implementation, and monitoring of complex research projects for the Division and work collaboratively with other DCAF divisions. This position requires knowledge and familiarity with gender and security, experience in applied research, strong interpersonal skills, and good understanding of security policy.
- Support the design, organization and implementation of activities with partners, including policy initiatives, training, conferences, meetings, assessments, research projects, etc.
- Support and/or implement applied research initiatives
- Draft and edit texts for publication
- Draft concept notes, policy briefs and notes, implementation/ monitoring plans, terms of reference and other project documents as directed
- Meet and coordinate with partner organizations, donors and other stakeholders, and supervise consultants
- Monitor execution of budgets for projects
- Facilitate training sessions
- Represent the Gender and Security Division in internal and external meetings
Education, competencies and experience:
- Master’s degree or equivalent professional experience in international affairs, governance, development, security studies, gender studies, or related disciplines.
- At least two years of professional experience in the field of gender equality, and women, peace and security.
- Good knowledge of the gender and security legal normative framework; familiarity with international organizations, especially the UN system, and with policy discussions regarding gender and security, the 2030 Agenda, and the Sustaining Peace Agenda, as well as security sector governance and reform.
- Proven writing and editing skills.
- Good facilitation skills.
- Experience in applied research on gender equality and security, women, peace and security, the 2030 Agenda, and related fields.
- Native fluency in English and professional command of French, with other languages a plus.
Personal competences and attitude:
- Good organizational skills.
- Excellent social and interpersonal skills in a multicultural environment.
- “Roll up your sleeves” and can-do attitude and excellent sense of planning, organization and management of priorities.
- Ability to think and act independently and creatively, to work with colleagues at all levels, to multitask, and to handle tight deadlines and stressful situations.
- Speed, precision and accuracy in executing tasks.
- Diplomacy, tact, discretion, and an impeccable record for integrity and professional ethical standards.
- a rewarding, dynamic and challenging work experience
- the chance to be part of a multicultural team of supportive, hardworking and values-driven people
- the chance to contribute to improving security of states and their people within a framework of democratic governance, the rule of law, and respect for human rights
If you think you are a good match for DCAF and the position advertised, please send your application to email@example.com by 9 December, 2018 with the subject heading “Project Officer”, enclosing:
- curriculum vitae
- a motivational letter outlining how your qualifications meet the above requirements
DCAF is committed to equality of opportunity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates regardless of sex, age, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity, religion, or ethnicity.