DCAF’s Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC) Unit strives to strengthen citizen security in the LAC region by promoting the application of good governance principles. For our LAC Unit we are looking for a dynamic and highly motivated individual to be our:
Project Coordinator (100%)
Location: Geneva, with some travel to the LAC region
Starting date: January 2019
Duration: 2 years fix-term contract
Under the direct supervision of the Head of the LAC Unit the Project Coordinator will support the Unit in managing DCAF’s projects in Honduras and the wider LAC region, provide substantive support to its programmes in the thematic areas of gender and security, police reform and parliamentary oversight of the security sector and assist in the development of new projects and activities.
- Manage the implementation, monitoring and reporting of DCAF LAC’s main projects such as a multi-year project in Honduras and some new initiatives.
- Coordinate DCAF HQ’s backstopping support for its Project Office in Honduras.
- Provide support to the Unit’s various projects on all stages of the project management cycle.
- Offer substantive inputs to the Unit’s activities in the areas of gender and security, police and defense reform and parliamentary oversight of the security.
- Draft high quality narrative and financial reports as well project documentation for DCAF and its donors, within established deadlines.
- Develop concept notes and project proposals for donors.
- Over 5 years of relevant experience in project management in the area of SSG/R.
- Experience working with security and justice sector institutions and/or on institutional reforms in Latin America and/or the Caribbean.
- Good knowledge of gender and security legal normative framework and familiarity with international policy discussions regarding gender and security, as well as Security Sector Governance and Reform.
- Experience in results-based project management and in applying concept and tools such as Theory of Change and Monitoring & Evaluation Strategies.
- Excellent communications skills and a perfect command of written and spoken Spanish and English.
- Advanced university degree (or equivalent) in international relations, peace and studies security studies, development studies, gender studies, international law or other relevant fields.
- Swiss or EU citizenship or a valid work permit for Switzerland at the time of application is a pre-requisite.
- A rewarding, dynamic and challenging work experience
- The chance to be part of a multicultural team of supportive, hardworking and values-driven people
- The chance to contribute to improving security of states and their people within a framework of democratic governance, the rule of law, and respect for human rights
If you think you are a good match for DCAF and the position advertised, please send your application to email@example.com by 25 November 2018 with the subject heading “Project Coordinator”, enclosing:
- A one-page motivational statement in English describing your relevant experience and what you can bring to DCAF
- A concise CV (maximum two pages)
DCAF is committed to equality of opportunity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates regardless of sex, age, disability, gender identity, religion, or ethnicity.