The Geneva Centre for the Democratic Control of Armed Forces (DCAF) is dedicated to improving the security of states and their people within a framework of democratic governance, the rule of law, and respect for human rights. DCAF contributes to making peace and development more sustainable by assisting partner states and international actors supporting these states, to improve the governance of their security sector through inclusive and participatory reforms. It creates innovative knowledge products, promotes norms and good practices, provides legal and policy advice and supports capacity‐building of both state and non‐state security sector stakeholders.
DCAF's Foundation Council comprises 62 member states, the Canton of Geneva and six permanent observers. Active in over 70 countries, DCAF is internationally recognized as one of the world's leading centres of excellence for security sector governance (SSG) and security sector reform (SSR). DCAF is guided by the principles of neutrality, impartiality, local ownership, inclusive participation, and gender equality. For more information please visit www.dcaf.ch
For our office in Tunis, we are looking for a highly motivated and qualified individual to be our next:
Programme Manager - Creation of a committee for police ethics (100 %)
Location: Tunis, Tunisia
Starting date: As soon as possible
Duration: 24 months, renewable
Under the supervision of the Head of Mission of DCAF Tunis, the Programme Manager is responsible for conducting and coordinating the implementation of the project ‘’Creation of a committee for police ethics’’ in accordance with the terms of reference and in constant interaction with the working group, the national authorities and the European Union Delegation.
Key areas of operation:
- Supervise the work of the working group; evaluate the implementation of the project, including the smooth running of the activities, the organizational, administrative and financial aspects.
- Organize, lead, supervise and moderate the works and meetings within the framework of this project.
- Implement project activities including logical frameworks and work plans, conducting seminars, training sessions and expert missions.
- Ensure the smooth running of activities and actions to be carried out including the support of experts.
- Assume the monitoring and supervision of the quality of the services of the project team.
- In charge of the financial control of the project in coordination with the European Union Delegation.
- Supervise the project assistant and the logistics and finance assistant.
- An advanced university degree in a subject of interest to our Centre
- A minimum of 10 years work experience in the design, management and implementation of projects, preferably within the field of security sector reform and/or security sector governance
- Practical experience in SSR, governance or police reform/accountability
- Excellent writing and editing skills in French
- Proven track record in management, supervision and animation of working groups
- Strong interpersonal and diplomatic skills
- Excellent command of French (written and spoken), very good command of English; knowledge of Arabic is an asset.
- A rewarding, dynamic and challenging work experience
- The chance to be part of a multicultural team of supportive, hardworking and values-driven people
- The chance to contribute to improving security of states and their people within a framework of democratic governance, the rule of law, and respect for human rights
If you think you are a good match for DCAF and the position advertised, please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
by 20 November 2018 with the subject heading ‘’PM2018’’, enclosing:
- A one-page motivational statement in English describing your relevant experience and what you can bring to DCAF
- A concise CV (maximum two pages)
- The completed DCAF Application Form
DCAF is committed to equality of opportunity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates regardless of sex, age, disability, gender identity, religion, or ethnicity.