The Geneva Centre for the Democratic Control of Armed Forces (DCAF) is dedicated to making states and people safer. Good security sector governance, based on the rule of law and respect for human rights, is the very basis of development and security. DCAF assists partner states in developing laws, institutions, policies and practices to improve the governance of their security sector through inclusive and participatory reforms based on international norms and good practices. Headquartered in Geneva, DCAF has a global portfolio and employs over 170 highly qualified international staff with operational activities in over 70 countries. DCAF is internationally recognized as one of the world’s leading centres of excellence for security sector governance (SSG) and security sector reform (SSR).
Our Director’s Office is seeking to recruit an:
Executive Assistant (100%)
Duties and responsibilities:
- Managing day-to-day executive and administrative duties for the Director and the Head of Resources
- Managing all social engagements of the Director and the Head of Resources such as meetings, events, visits, courtesy calls
- Liaising with high-level stakeholders such as members of DCAF’s Foundation Council, ambassadors, other governmental officials and representatives from non-governmental organizations and academia
- Liaising with interlocutors from the Swiss Federal Administration
- Drafting letters, minutes and other notes.
Required competencies and qualifications:
- Excellent communicative and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with diplomatic protocol
- Highly developed sense of integrity, discretion and tact
- Highly developed sense of independence and responsibility
- Highly developed organizational and administrative skills
- Dynamic, initiative and proactive approach
- Fluency in English and French, German will be an asset
- Excellent writing skills in English, ideally also in French
- Minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible experience in a similar position in an international environment
- Swiss or EU citizenship or a valid work permit for Switzerland at time of application a pre-requisite.
DCAF is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of sex, age, disability, gender identity, or ethnicity.
Candidates meeting the qualifications are invited to e-mail their CV with a cover letter explaining their interest and suitability for the position to : email@example.com by 31st March 2018.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.